Prep time 3-4 hours
2 1/2 cups Thick greek yogurt
1/2 cup Fresh mango puree or Mango pulp from a tin
2 Tbsp Powdered Sugar or Maple syrup
1/4 tsp of cardamom powder
Some fresh fruit and chopped nuts like almonds or pistachios for the topping.
- Put the yogurt in a cheese cloth and tie the corners to make a bundle
- Now hang this bundle somewhere with a bowl under it to catch the water that drains out of the yogurt.
- Let it drain for 3 to 4 hours after that the yogurt will be nice and thick.
- Prepare the Mango puree if using fresh mango. (For this recipe its best to use Indian/Asian variety of mangoes as the flavour is better and stronger.)
- Take the drained yogurt out in a big bowl and add the mango puree and cardamom to it and whisk it really well.
- Taste the mix for the sweetness.
- Add the sugar or maple syrup if needed. The amount of sugar to add depends on the sweetness of the mango.
- Mix it thoroughly and let it rest for 30 min in the fridge.
- Serve it with fresh mango cubes or any other fruit of your choice and chopped nuts.